Details Landscape Art is one of the premier landscape contractors in Sonoma County and the North Bay. We are a design-build landscaper, specializing in creating outdoor living environments. And these gardens come in flavors. There are hundreds of landscapers in the area, and almost all are capable of digging holes, planting plants, installing irrigation and spreading mulch. Some of their gardens may look nice, some just OK, some maybe not so much. Creating a garden to live in requires a unique talent, and we believe we can build special outdoor areas. We try to encourage homeowners to be IN their gardens rather than just sit back and look at them.
The ‘gardens come in flavors’ process begins with a thorough interview with the client. We need to ask lots of questions about their family activities. What would they like to be able to do that they cannot do in their current yard configuration? We begin with their dreams and scale down, if necessary, according to their budget and space availability.
- What is their lifestyle? Maybe they enjoy gardening and like clipping and deadheading and adding annuals and little garden accents. We can leave space for gardening if they like.
- Are they retired? Maybe they see gardening as a chore…therefore let’s keep maintenance to a minimum by
- Is it extremely hot in the afternoon? Maybe we need to build a shade arbor, or install some strategically located shade trees.
- Or is it a shady area? Do we need to use shade tolerant plants like azaleas, piers, hydrangea or rhododendrons.
- Do they have dogs? Maybe we need to install a dog run area.
- Are there kids at home? Maybe we need to build a kid friendly garden with an area to set up a tent, a grass area to play ball, or a fire pit to roast marshmallows.
- Will there be large family gatherings? Does the patio need to be extra large to accommodate larger tables and chairs for larger groups.
Our tag line ‘Gardens for Life’ means that we tailor gardens to fit homeowners’ lifestyle.
In California, where space is at a premium and lots seem to be smaller and smaller, neighbors’ houses and traffic noise seem to be common issues. One common element we strive to create is privacy or even intimacy, if possible. Arbors can create vertical interest, and screening shrubs or appropriate size trees can often do the trick. A secluded garden is peaceful. And adding the sound of running water – either a fountain or a waterfall/pond- is always a magical addition to the serenity of a landscape.
Some clients want a swimming pool, some a bocce ball court, some a swing set for the kids, some a large lawn to kick the soccer ball around. Whatever the need, we can fill it with a tasteful, delicious garden.
Gardens come in flavors and stir emotions in their visitors. A garden can be a quiet retreat to drink morning coffee and listen to the birds, a comfortable outdoor entertaining area, an inviting space for children to play, or a stunning display of flowers and foliage.
What’s your flavor?